If you’re like most home buyers, you have two primary considerations in mind when you start looking for a home. First you want to find a home that perfectly matches your needs and desires, and secondly, you want to purchase this home for the lowest possible price. The following steps will help you save thousands when you buy a home.
- Make sure you know what you want
- Don’t shop with stars in your eyes
- Find out if your agent offers a “Buyer Profile System”
To help you develop your home buying strategy, ask yourself these questions
- What do I absolutely NEED in my next home?
- What would I absolutely LOVE in my next home?
For you to understand how much to offer for a home you’re interested in, it’s important for you to know how sellers price their homes. Here are four common strategies you’re agent will help you recognize when you begin to view homes:
- Clearly Overpriced
- Somewhat Overpriced
- Priced Correctly at Market Value
- Priced Below the Fair Market Value